Picture from Scotland - Connel Bridge, Argyll and Bute.

SEASCAPES PAGE 2 - PREVIOUS PHOTO - NEXT PHOTO - HOME
CONNEL BRIDGE
Joining the settlements of Connel and North Connel, the Connel Bridge lies across the entrance to Loch Etive, Argyll and Bute. Built in 1901, it is the second largest cantilever bridge in Britain. It was constructed originally to convey the railway to Ballachulish but the bridge was modified in 1914 to allow use by both rail and road traffic, until the railway branch closed in 1966. Owing to its narrow carriageway, traffic signals operate allowing vehicles to cross the bridge in only one direction at a time.


Connel Bridge
Prints of Scotland Thisle
© Prints of Scotland, Station House, Luthrie, Cupar, Fife, Scotland, KY15 4NR - Dave Christopher
Tel. 44 (0) 1337 870436 e-mail dave@printsofscotland.com website design www.dcnetdesign.co.uk

Valid HTML 4.01!